Families, it’s time to celebrate! After a long-awaited hiatus, the Betty Brinn Children’s Museum is gearing up to re-open to visitors in May! Members will get to enjoy two-weeks of exclusive access to the museum, beginning on May 6th. The museum will then open to the public on May 20th. Before you head on over for a day of play, here’s what families need to know.
Betty Brinn Children’s Museum Re-Opening FAQs
When does the museum reopen?
If you are a member at the Betty Brinn Children’s Museum, you will be able to reserve your timed visit to the museum starting on May 6th. For the first 14 days the museum reopens, it will be available ONLY to members. Click here for more info on a membership and all the perks it entails. Admission is FREE for members!
For the general public, visits open on May 20th.
The reservation window for all visitors opens on May 4th. All visitors must reserve timed-entry passes online in advance and passes may be purchased online up to two days in advance.
What are the session times available for my visit?
Thursday-Sunday: 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. or 1:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
You can check in at any time during your scheduled play time, but all visitors will be required to leave the Museum at the designated end time for the session.
New Health & Safety Protocols REQUIRED for All Visitors:
- Face coverings are required for all visitors age 3+
- Social distancing is required. There will be museum staff and signage to help guide you, but visitors are asked to be mindful of their proximity to others.
- Use hand-sanitizing stations positioned throughout the museum to maintain a safe & healthy environment for everyone.
- No food or beverage inside the museum. It’s tough for littles to skip the snacks on outings like this, but visitors are asked to enjoy any food or beverages (which require removing the face covering) before or after your visit or outside in the Museum Center Park.
- If you are experiencing any symptoms of illness, please STAY HOME.
Additional info to note:
- Not quite ready to return to the museum in person? No problem! Check out the Play in the Cloud Workshops led by Betty Brinn Children’s Museum educators or from educators around the globe! These virtual workshops are fun and interactive and can be enjoyed from the safety of your home.
- No group visits will be allowed at this time.
- Cost – Member admission is FREE! Non-member admission pricing – Adults & Children: $11, Seniors: $10, Children younger than 1: FREE!
- Parking is available in the Museum Center Park garage
This spring, it’s been so exciting to see our favorite local museums and attractions reopening and things starting to feel just a little more NORMAL! Have you gotten back out there yet? What have you and your family been enjoying again?