The Milwaukee Public Museum has Reopened to the Public!
It’s finally time to return to the land of dinos, butterflies and exploration at the Milwaukee Public Museum, just in time for the fall and whatever form of “Back to School” your family is facing this year.
Your visit to the Milwaukee Public Museum will look different than it ever has before in order to keep staff, members, and visitors as safe as possible. Many changes and now procedures are now in place that families will need to be aware of. These changes include new ways to buy tickets, timed entry, mandatory mask-wearing, and access to exhibits and public spaces. It also includes new opportunities to experience, such as free WiFi and new monthly programming videos available at your fingertips as you walk through an exhibit.
New Protocols and Procedures at The Milwaukee Public Museum
- Reserve Tickets in Advance – Tickets are limited throughout the day to be able to control the number of people in the building. Create an account online and reserve your tickets from there. An added benefit of creating an account is that you now get access to special promotions, discounts, and offers from MPM.
- Mask Up – Masks are required for everyone age five and up during their visit to the MPM. Learn more about how to wear a face mask here, and why they’re important here.
- Know Where to Go – For the time being, all visitors must enter through MPM’s main entrance on Wells Street and during the 30-minute entry window indicated on their ticket.
- Keep Your Distance – It’s important to observe a minimum of 6 feet of social distance from other family groups at all times.
- One Way Paths – In order to maintain proper distancing during your visit, one-way paths have been created through each floor of the Museum. Please follow these routes as you enjoy the exhibits. Preview or download the maps here.
- Clean Those Hands – Hand sanitizer stations have been placed throughout the Museum for visitors’ frequent use. As much as possible, avoid touching surfaces during your visit.
In addition to these new procedures for your visit, there have been enhancements made to the cleaning processes and staff requirements to keep the MPM as safe as possible.
- MPM’s professional cleaning team is onsite during operating hours to sanitize and clean the restrooms, lunchroom, common areas, and exhibit galleries, including frequent cleaning of surfaces that hands touch to reduce the spread of germs (i.e. doorknobs, light switches, handles, etc.)
- Deep cleaning takes place when the Museum is closed; floors are mopped and vacuumed, restrooms are deep-cleaned, and all surfaces are sanitized.
- The air in the building is circulated with fresh air to maintain clean air at all times.
- Signs are displayed throughout the Museum to remind visitors to wash their hands.
- All staff members are required to frequently wash their hands.
- All employees must pass a COVID-19 screening prior to reporting to work each day.
- Masks will be worn in all common areas of the Museum at all times.
Know Before You Go
Check out the Preparing for Your Visit and During Your Visit videos on the MPM website, as well as the new Visitor Policies, before you arrive to help you safely plan your Museum visit.