Running? Outside?? In winter??? IN WISCONSIN?!?!
Yep! Time to grab your running shoes, get outside, and get those endorphins pumping. Put on your most festive holiday outfit and have fun running, walking, or trotting!
Due to COVID restrictions and safety issues, most runs are virtual this year. The great part about that is you can run from anywhere!
Please check sites for updates and/or virtual options closer to the race date for those races still scheduled in person.
The team at Milwaukee Mom is working hard to remain your go-to spot for parenting resources in the Greater Milwaukee Area. While we will do our best to be as up-to-date as possible, please be aware that we are still dealing with changes related to the COVID-19 Pandemic. Please consult your local public health authority for social distancing recommendations and call ahead to confirm the hours and offerings of any business or organization listed.
Milwaukee Area Winter Fun Runs and 5Ks
Milwaukee Turkey Trot – November 26th – 28th
- Run this half, 10K, or 5K virtually anytime between November 26th and 28th. Commemorative gear is mailed to you.
Drumstick Dash – November 21st -28th
- Participate virtually by running a 5K or a 2.5K anytime between November 21st and the 28th. Proceeds benefit Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin.
Waukesha Santa 5k Run & Walk – December 6th – 13th
- Jingle your bells at this race and run or walk 5K anywhere between December 6th and 13th.
Santa Cycle Rampage – December 5th all-day
- Prefer to bike instead of run? Dress as Santa and enjoy a ride when and where you feel safe. There will not be any workers or streets closed for a route this year due to COVID.
Santa Hustle – All of December
- 3.1 miles, 6.2 miles, 13.1 miles, or even 26.2 miles at your choice of location, any duration of time, during the designated dates of December 1 – 31, 2020. Run by yourself or with a group. Just get out and have a fun time!
Festivus One-Miler – TBA
- This event is virtual this year. Watch the site for more details.
Cedarburg Santa Dash Away 5K – December 12th
- Run or walk a 5K starting at W63N641 Washington Avenue, Downtown Cedarburg. Free Christmas sweater t-shirt and Santa mask if you register by November 30th.
Waukesha Janboree Frosty 5K – January 18th
- Enjoy the annual Janboree festival and get some free hot cocoa at the end! The race begins and ends at Frame Park.
Samson Stomp & Romp – January 19th
- With many options for distance and age group, you’ll have fun stompin’ and rompin’ through the Milwaukee County Zoo. This year is the 40th anniversary!
Throughout the Season
Winter Run Series – Multiple Dates
- You can still sign up for the remaining races: The Big Chill, Run into the New Year, Cupid Shuffle, and Luck of the Irish!
Chilly Willy Run Series – Multiple Dates
- You can sign up for all or part of this 8 race series that goes on from November to March!