Winter Outdoor Dining Experiences at Lowlands Group Restaurants
* Editor’s Note: Please keep in mind that enclosed spaces continue to be an environment that places people at risk for the spread of COVID-19. Those who choose to utilize these spaces should still take all precautions, including mask-wearing and distancing as much as possible.
Lowlands Group recently announced the launch of new outdoor dining experiences tailored to each of its seven greater Milwaukee area restaurants. The group continues to focus on providing safe spaces for guests to enjoy throughout the pandemic, and this variety of heated outdoor structures—including domes, greenhouses and tents—will serve to keep diners warm as they enjoy a meal at their neighborhood grand café or supper club. Reservations open Saturday at noon, and the first 100 Gezellig Loyalty Club members will receive the coveted Chimay patio blanket for bookings starting Thursday, Dec 10.
The outdoor experiences are tailored to each restaurant’s distinct concept, from cozy canal houses and Northwoods shanties, to dome villages and heated winter lofts. The private dining structures seat up to six guests and can be reserved in 90-minute increments. Each reservation includes a brand new Lowlands Snackuterie Box, which are themed boxes with bite-sized grazable, dippable and spreadable selections, and include Morning Boarderves, Larry’s Spread and Boujee Ham & Rolls. Specially-curated, themed and customizable food and beverage menus are designed for “family style” service. “Family” meal boxes include options like the Wisco Snack Attack with cheese curds, pretzel bites and crunchy Dutch meatballs; a Comfort Collection with meatloaf, mac & cheese and mini smash burgers; and the Burrata & Lasagna Dinner. Drink packages range from Apple Pie Mules to Old Fashioneds and more. For more details visit lowlandswinter.com.
Outdoor Dining Experiences Include:
- Buckatabon Tavern & Supper Club (Wauwatosa) – Frank & Larry’s Northwoods Shanties
Three cozy, “quintessentially Wisco” domes bring the best of the Northwoods ice fishing experience to you, no fishing license or waiting around for hours in the cold required. Just BYOB (bring your own blanket) and Lowlands will provide the rest!
- Café Benelux (Third Ward) – Lux Winter Loft: Lux Domes® & Lux Warming Bar (previously announced)
The traditional Lux Domes®, and new Lux Winter Loft Bar, are a winter wonderland where Après Ski meets Midwest Nice—with six private domes and one large heated tent for additional socially distanced outdoor dining. On the first floor, guests can experience the uber-cozy Lux Winter Enclosed Porch on Broadway with heated canopy dining.
- Café Hollander (Brookfield) – Holiday Row on the Rooftop & Après Shopping at The Corners
Guests can post-up post-shopping at the outdoor heated pop-up bar or individual Dutch row houses on the rooftop. Nine canal houses create private outdoor dining experiences with a view while a ground-level outdoor environment offers shoppers a space for a quick respite and refuel.
- Café Hollander (Downer Ave.) – Dome Village on the Terrace & Holiday Row on the Parklet Dine inside, outside, on the East Side on Café Hollander’s “snow globed and socially-distanced” patio terrace with four domes, and four additional canal houses dotting the Downer Ave. parklet.
- Café Hollander (Mequon) – Holiday Row on the Patio
Mequon Rd. reaches the North Pole in five cozy, decked-out canal houses. Skip the slopes & head straight for the socially distanced dining scene.
- Café Hollander (Wauwatosa) – Holiday Row on the Bridge
Six cozy canal houses transform the picturesque Tosa Village bridge into a holiday-themed dream, providing a family-ready photo opportunity and bringing the spirit of Amsterdam to the heart of Tosa.
- Centraal Grand Café & Tappery (Bay View) –Winter Garden of Eten in the Courtyard (previously announced)
This secret garden-like courtyard in the heart of Bay View now boasts a stunning and sizable heated tent with clear roof panels and whimsical Bohemian decor. This allows for additional socially distanced seating while providing a unique environment for live music through the winter. The live music series runs Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays through Dec. 19.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO ON WINTER EXPERIENCES AT LOWLANDS GROUP.
In addition to its enhanced COVID-19 cleaning, disinfecting, and sanitizing processes, Lowlands Group is implementing a variety of procedures to keep outdoor dining safe. Staggered reservation times allow the individual domes and greenhouses to undergo thorough sanitization followed by cleaning with a fog atomizer machine between dining groups. The atomizer spray generates micron fog that targets airborne pathogens, bacteria that are invisible to the naked eye.
Guests are invited to join Lowlands Group’s loyalty program to have the opportunity to make reservations a day before the general public. To sign up, download “Lowlands Rewards” in the App Store or text the word “Lowlands” to 43618. Reservations for the individual dining experiences can be made at lowlandswinter.com.