With remodeling and home improvement booming, the NARI Milwaukee Spring Home Improvement Show is the place to find qualified professionals who can do the job right. The show is packed with experts, exhibits and activities that cover the home inside and out.
The 59th annual Spring Home Improvement Show will be held May 21–23 at State Fair Park in the Wisconsin Exposition Center, 8200 W. Greenfield Ave., West Allis.
The Show includes more than 200 NARI Milwaukee members who provide remodeling and home improvement services and products – from design/build firms to specialized contractors for all areas of the home, including roofing, gutters, windows, doors, HVAC, electrical, painting and more.
“During the past year, homeowners have decided now is the time to address the shortcomings of their home. They are looking for improved use of space and function in kitchens and bathrooms and they’re finishing basements to include home offices, workout rooms and entertainment areas. Exteriors are getting their needed maintenance with new siding, windows and roofs, while outdoor entertaining and play spaces for kids are a must,” says Diane Welhouse, CKBR, executive director of NARI Milwaukee. “Homeowners are looking to hire experienced, local professionals and we’re ready to make those connections at our show.”
The Show includes:
• More than 200 NARI Milwaukee members – Talk with trusted, local experts who are ready and willing to answer any and all questions, no matter how big or small they might be. These experts can also make recommendations and provide homeowners with guidance, solutions and creative suggestions.
• 2021 Outdoor Living Challenge – Stroll four different outdoor living spaces designed by students from Milwaukee Area Technical College, the Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design, Mount Mary University and Waukesha County Technical College.
• The Park – In a relaxed, park-like setting, area experts cover a variety of topics, including “What to do Before Starting a Remodel,” “Options for Wall Treatments,” “Remodeling to Make the Most of Your Home” and many other topics.
• Culinary Stage – Add new recipes to your repertoire! Tantalizing grilling and cooking demonstrations will be conducted throughout the show.
Special guests include:
• Mad Dog & Merrill – Back by popular demand, the “grilling buddies” take to the Culinary Stage several times each day, sharing tasty new grilling recipes and a presentation that will have you laughing all the way to the dinner table.
• Guess the Price Gameshow – Want to know what a remodel costs? Participate in a live, interactive game show where attendees view award-winning remodeling projects and guess the price, various times May 21-23.
• Melinda Myers – “The Plant Doctor” shares her secrets for a weekend landscape makeover, tips for container garden success and how to create a “garden-tainment” area, May 21-23, 2 p.m. each day
• Panel Discussion with Scott Cline, J & B Construction Company, and other industry experts – Educate and protect yourself with knowledge by attending “What You Need to Know about Warranties and Certifications,” May 21, 12:45 p.m.
• Louis Weiher, CR, CCP, Carmel Builders – Get yourself ready by attending “What to do Before Starting a Remodel,” May 21, 3 p.m.
• Bartelt. The Remodeling Resource – Walls are a blank canvas and can add pizzazz to a room. Learn more by attending “Options for Wall Treatments,” May 22, Noon.
• Panel Discussion with Maretes Hein, COR Improvements, LLC, and Randy Miller, CR, Allrite Home & Remodeling – The remodeling process includes many components. Learn more by attending “Remodeling Now, What You Need to Know about Timelines, Supplies and More”
• John Nehmey, Nehmey Construction, & Ed Lisinski, City of West Allis – Participate in an interactive Q&A with an experienced remodeler and a city building inspector, “What’s Your Remodeling Question?,” May 22, 3:30 p.m.
• Paulette Sodemann, CR, & Christopher Wittmann, CR, Callen Construction – Many homeowners want to stay in their home but also want to make some changes. Learn how to turn your home into your dream space by attending “Remodeling to Make the Most of Your Home,” May 23, Noon.
To say thank you to front-line workers and medical personnel, NARI Milwaukee is providing free admission (with I.D.) to the show. Each year, NARI offers free admission to retired and active-duty military personnel (with I.D.) and decided to expand the offering to recognize those who have worked tirelessly this past year.
NARI Milwaukee, State Fair Park and Valley Expo Services are closely monitoring the coronavirus and will implement applicable safety protocols as part of the show. A detailed Health and Safety Policies document is available at NARIMilwaukeehomeshow.com.
Spring Home Improvement Show Hours, Tickets & Parking
Fri., May 21, 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Sat., May 22, 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Sun., May 23, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
$10 in advance (online only at NARIMilwaukeeHomeShow.com); $12 at the door; Adults 60+ are $10 at the door; children age 17 and younger, retired and active-duty military personnel and front-line workers and medical personnel (with I.D.) are free.
$6 for parking at State Fair; ample street parking is also available
For more information on the NARI Spring Home Improvement Show or to receive a free copy of “Renovate,” the 2021 consumer magazine and membership directory, visit NARImilwaukee.org or call 414-771-4071.