We all know the Milwaukee Domes are a local treasure for year round family fun, but things get even more exciting when they kick off their seasonal shows! This fall in particular, there are some really incredible opportunities to learn and explore at the Mitchell Park Domes this season that will appeal to visitors of all ages.
Quick Tips to Make the Most of Your Milwaukee Domes Visit:
- Homeschooling this year? Make it a field trip! No advance tickets required, so pick your day and head to The Domes!
- Planning on several visits throughout the year? (P.S. Nothing beats the Domes for a respite from Wisconsin winters.) Take advantage of the Friends of the Domes program so you can visit as often as you want without paying admission every time. Also, Milwaukee County residents get discounted entry with ID!
- Dress in layers! The temperature can vary drastically between the world outside and the worlds inside The Domes so use layers to make your visit more flexible and comfortable. The tropical ‘jungle’ dome and the arid ‘desert’ dome stay plenty warm, even during the winter!
- Masks are required inside the venue, so plan accordingly.
- The Fall Show is included with regular admission to The Domes. Plan ahead for upcoming shows too! Miniature Train Show: Jan-Apr | Spring Show: Apr-May | Summer Show: Jun-Sept | Fall Show: Sept-Nov | Winter Show: Nov-Jan
- Strollers are welcome at the Domes, however, please keep in mind that some pathways will be a tight fit for double-wide strollers.
- Need to feed a baby? A lactation pod is available in the Dome’s Atrium, providing a convenient space to pump or feed.
The Mitchell Park Domes fall show ‘Mums, Mosses & Mushrooms’ opens to the public on September 25. The show, featuring hundreds of Chrysanthemum in several colorful varieties, also features moss-covered decor and a mushroom pop-up gallery in the Domes’ Atrium. Visitors can expect a colorful kaleidoscope of mums blanketing the floral dome; plus discover marvelous mosses, the often overlooked tiny plants that have a huge impact on biodiverse habitats across the world.
This season’s show also features original 24-foot mural artwork by Kristen Schueffner, a student of the Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design and Concordia University Wisconsin.
The fall show will run until November 7 and is supported by the Friends of the Domes, the Wisconsin Mycological Society and Concordia University Wisconsin.
Visit the fall show on any Wednesday and you’ll get an exclusive, free Domes sticker! Max one per person. Sept 29, Oct 6, 13, 20,27 or Nov 3.
- Admission is $8 adult, $6 juniors, $5 students, free for kids under 5. Milwaukee County residents get discounted entry with ID. Admission is free for Members of the Friends of the Domes.
- The Mitchell Park Domes opens 9am-5pm on Wednesday-Friday and 9am-4pm on weekends. Last entry is one hours before close.
- Masks are required inside the venue.
Check out all the details for the exciting new show and plan your visit now!