In unprecedented situations, we need to call in reinforcements. For some of us, it’s the activities that hold our kids’ interest and for others, it’s a good pair of noise-cancelling headphones that can drown out the sound of Into the Unknown. Our team has pulled together some go-to items you’ll want in your Quarantine Survival Kit to help get you through the coming weeks with your sanity!
Affiliate links are used in this post. As a local small business ourselves, this is a very stressful time where we are asking for your support as our local community to help us stay afloat. Any purchases made from the items below earn us a small commission.
Quarantine Survival Kit for Young Kids
We’re getting creative here, parents. The old tricks aren’t working for situations like these, so we’ve turned to our fellow parents for ideas of what we need to stock up to make it through just one more day of quarantine!
- Crayola Modeling Clay
- 2-pack of Kids’ Headphones
- Monkey Bars Climbing Tower – set it up in the backyard or basement and let the monkeys climb all over one another!
- Little Tikes Bounce House – desperate times call for desperate measures
- Sidewalk Chalk – Decorate your driveway or sidewalk to bring encouragement and smiles to all who pass
- Candyland Board Game
- Kindle Fire Tablet with Kid-Proof Case – Combine with headphones. Survive.
- Water Beads for Sensory Play
- Play-Doh Variety Pack
- Kinetic Sand
- Glo Pals – Light-up blocks that illuminate when submerged in water! Try with bath-time to make it super-fun!
Quarantine Survival Kit for Big Kids
The coloring pages and craft projects are all well and good for the little kids, but as our children grow, it takes a lot more to hold their attention. This is no time to adhere to things like screen time limits, parents. We’re pulling out all the stops to keep our big kids sane during trying times!
- Books, books and more books!
- Card Games – Some favorites for bigger kids are UNO, Exploding Kittens, Bears vs. Babies, and You’ve Got Crabs
- Board Games – Family Game Night is back with a vengeance right now and these are particularly fun for bigger kiddos. Jenga, Otrio, Ticket to Ride, and What Do You Meme: Family Edition
- Kindle Kids Edition – When the libraries aren’t accessible, this has been a life-saver for keeping our big kids reading and exploring new books!
Got a Kindle? Get your first month of Kindle Unlimited for FREE so you can download new books to your heart’s content!
Quarantine Survival Kit for Grown Ups
Keeping our kids sane is one thing, but what about US?! We are juggling more than ever as parents and it’s important to keep ourselves cared for!
- O’Keefe’s Working Hands Hand Cream – for that dry, cracked skin from increased hand-washing
- COFFEE – With the help of trusty caffeine, we will get through this. There are some awesome local coffee purveyors who have great bags of beans available for pickup: Fiddleheads, Stone Creek Coffee, Collectivo
- Magnetic Child Locks – for the snack cabinet to keep the little scavengers from cleaning us out by 3:00 pm each day
- Resistance Bands – for the At Home Workouts we promise ourselves we will do
- Indulgence Chocolate
- Noise Cancelling Headphones
- Comfy sweatshirt you can wear day after day. We particularly love this Milwaukee Mama sweatshirt from Raising Good!
- Marco Polo app – Video chatting app to stay in touch with friends and family throughout the day
- Big White Yeti candle – You seriously can’t go wrong with any candle from this amazing local company, but the Sudden Change of Plans candle is a special batch created just for this season of social distancing where $10 from each candle sale goes to Meals on Wheels!
- Weighted Blanket – To help with the increased anxiety at times like this!
- Fresh flowers – On top of being stuck at home, the weather has been downright dreary most days. If you can get your hands on a bouquet of fresh flowers, you’ll be amazed at how much it can lift spirits.
What's in Your Quarantine Survival Kit?