I love to read. Finding time to read is another story (pun intended) but as my kids have gotten a little older – I prioritize reading and find the time. Whether it’s for an hour each night or during some rare downtime on the weekends – I always have my book with me. In fact – this viral TikTok from the Milwaukee Public Library is me to a tee!
In 2022 I stuck to nearly ALL fiction — but I plan to expand that in 2023. I know my taste isn’t for everyone – but if you enjoy fiction and an escape from reality – then these are some great options for you!
Here are my favorite books that I read in 2022:
The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides
That Summer by Jennifer Weiner
The Paper Palace by Miranda Cowley Heller
Nora Goes Off Script by Annabel Monaghan
One Day in December by Josie Silver
Happy & You Know It by Laura Hankins
Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
Taylor Jenkins Reid
*These were my first Taylor Jenkins Reid books and they are unique with their settings and storylines and I really enjoyed them!
*I’ve read every Emily Giffin book ever written – I’m a huge fan.
*I’m a HUGE fan of Elin Hilderbrand – most of her books are set in Cape Cod/Nantucket and they will have you feeling like you are fully immersed in a Cape Cod summer. I love all of her books – but recommend the trilogy as a good starter! The trilogy takes place mostly in the Virgin Islands and in Iowa City, IA.
- Golden Girl
- The Matchmaker
- The Hotel Nantucket
- Winter in Paradise | What Happens in Paradise | Troubles in Paradise (trilogy)
*All of Colleen Hoover’s books are super fast reads. Mindless romance novels that you can’t put down!
- Maybe Someday | Maybe Now (read Maybe Someday first – Maybe Now is the sequel)
- It Starts with Us | It Ends with Us (read It Starts with Us first – It Ends with Us is the sequel)
- Reminders of Him
- Ugly Love
*Emily Henry’s books are perfect vacation or beach reads!
And up next in 2023:
- Lessons in Chemistry by Bonnie Garmus
- Mad Honey by Jodi Picoult
- The Measure by Nikki Erlick
- Demon Copperhead by Barbara Kingsolver
- Every Summer After by Carley Fortune
- Beach Read by Emily Henry
- Everything I Know About Love by Dolly Alderton
- All My Perfects by Colleen Hoover