We love Wisconsin companies and Organic Valley is no exception! Headquartered right here in the ‘Dairy State’, Organic Valley is a cooperative owned by organic farmers with a mission to protect the land, animals, economy and people’s health.
For over three decades, Organic Valley has prioritized high quality animal care standards and their nutritious, delicious organic milk. As a consumer (and an animal lover), it’s important to me to know that the products my family consumes are ethical and made with care – and that our environment is also being conserved.
Organic Valley Goes Above and Beyond
Organic Valley truly goes above and beyond to pour all their love into providing their animals with the best care. And better care makes for delicious and nutritious milk! The Organic Valley cows are outside on pasture 50% more than USDA organic standards require. We all know that there are many benefits to being outside and that ultimately the outdoors make for happy cows.
One of the biggest benefits of being outside more is that it helps provide the cows with a pasture-based diet (kind of like a salad for cows!). It also gives them an opportunity to be in an environment where they can freely express their natural behaviors. Grazing, roaming and playing are all important for cows — and Organic Valley cows get a large amount of this!
They also get big amounts of TLC from the farmers! The farmers care deeply about the care of their cows and know their unique personalities and quirks. The smaller herd sizes enable the famers to built lasting connections with the cows – much like pets… in fact many of the farmers even name their cows!
My family loves milkshakes. It’s our go-to Sunday evening treat. This easy chocolate milkshake gets a double dose of chocolate flavor from Organic Valley Lowfat Chocolate Milk and cocoa powder. You can add a frozen banana to thicken the shake and to add natural sweetness without the need for additional sugar!
- 1 cup ice
- 3 Tbsp. Organic Valley Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Tbsp. cacao powder (or unsweetened cocoa powder)
- Pinch Salt
- 2 scoops Simply Tera’s Organic Dark Chocolate Whey Protein Powder or Plain Unsweetened (optional)
- 1 cup Organic Valley Lowfat Chocolate Milk
- 1 large banana, peeled and frozen
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Whipped cream and chocolate shavings, for serving (optional)
- In a blender, add the ice, chocolate milk, and heavy whipping cream. Break the frozen banana into thirds and add it to the blender, along with the cacao powder, vanilla extract, salt, and optional 2 scoops of Simply Tera’s Whey Protein Powder. Blend until smooth, stopping and scraping the sides occasionally.
- Serve the milkshake on its own or garnish with whipped cream and chocolate shavings! Makes two 8-oz. servings.
Where to Find Organic Valley Products in Milwaukee
Organic Valley has a whole lineup of dairy products your family will love. From milk to cheese, eggs to sour cream you can use Organic Valley products in all sorts of ways. You can easily search for locations with Organic Valley products by using their store locator.
We have always loved Organic Valley – their products are top notch and we love supporting local farmers!