(Lake Geneva, WI): The Ice Castles – a winter wonderland will be returning to Lake Geneva this winter! This is the fourth year Ice Castles has built its winter experience in Lake Geneva.
Ice Castles is an award-winning frozen attraction located in four cities across North America. The experience is built using hundreds of thousands of icicles hand-placed by professional ice artists. The castles include breathtaking LED-lit sculptures, frozen thrones, ice-carved tunnels, slides, fountains and much more.
According to the company, the Ice Castles will operate under reduced capacity to promote social distancing, along with placing markers throughout the tunnels and crawl spaces to avoid face-to-face contact.
“The same magical winter appeal this year with ice slides, crawl spaces, caves and fountains illuminated at night, but the experience will be slightly different,” according to the release.
Ice artisans will start growing and harvesting nearly 10,000 icicles each day beginning in November to construct the attraction, which is set to open January 2022.
Pro Tips If You Go:
- Be sure to bundle up! Think waterproof boots, snow pants, thick mittens, the works. Not only is snow on the ground, but the large amounts of ice make comfort and warmth extra important.
- Ticket Sales are Final. When the tickets open up, they go fast, but keep in mind that you will want to grab tickets when you are sure you can go. Ticket dates and times may be changed as long as changes are made at least 24 hours in advance. Dates and hours are weather dependent.
- Strollers are NOT allowed. If you have babies or littles, keep this in mind when planning your trip! You may want to consider babywearing or possibly consider bringing a sled to pull your toddler in. Sleds are allowed in Ice Castles, but are recommended only for pulling small children. There are no features built to accommodate sledding and sleds are not permitted on the slides.
- Potty Plan is Precarious. As we mentioned, you’re going to want everyone in layers of full winter gear. Pair that with a porta-potty and you have an interesting restroom experience. Plan ahead and bring your patience!
- COVID-19 Safety Protocols. Obviously, this is top of mind for all visitors. CLICK HERE for a full rundown of all COVID-19 protocols.