(Milwaukee, WI): Northwestern Mutual Community Playground at Henry Maier Festival Park is an entirely redeveloped entertainment space for families offers inclusive and accessible play for children ages 2 – 12 years of age, including those who may experience a variety of challenges.
Reopening on Saturday, April 23, 2022 for the season!
Also, located adjacent to the Henry W. Maier Festival Grounds, there’s great access to Lakeshore state park trails for you and your family. Explore an urban oasis offering a small beach and accessible paved trails that link to Milwaukee’s other lakefront parks and the Hank Aaron State Trail.
Henry Maier Festival Park at Summerfest | 200 N Harbor Dr. Milwaukee, WI
- Mid Gate of Henry Maier Festival Park
- North or South Lakewalk path entrance
- Free Parking lot near Mid Gate – Look for signs
Hours (Open in the summer)
- Daily from 10am-7pm Saturday
*days/times vary depending on events and subject to change (check hours here before venturing out)
Northwestern Mutual Community Park amenities:
- Enhanced Play Equipment: all new age-appropriate playground equipment on soft surface, including interactive musical play pieces. Equipment design also includes ramps allowing for wheelchair access. Shaded seating is also available within the playground area.
- Toddler Play Area: “Giggle Grounds”- covered play area for toddlers ages 6 months-2 years, including shade, and age-appropriate activities and play equipment.
- Flexible Programming Space:
- new, permanent stage structure with accessible seating, and a viewing area for over 500 patrons.
- Permanent Family Restrooms – accessible restrooms equipped with changing tables for babies, children, and adults requiring an assistant.
- Nursing Mothers Stations – mothers seeking a quiet space to nurse will have dedicated space.
- Sensory Rooms – (opening mid-July) three individual and wheelchair accessible, air-conditioned quiet rooms, creating a calm environment for children that may be overstimulated by the noise, environment, or experience.
Sunday Family Fun Days
The Sunday Family Fun Days will take place June 19, July 17, August 7, September 18 and October 9, 2022 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Northwestern Mutual Community Park. The events are free and will feature a full day of family-friendly programming on the Northwestern Mutual Community Park stage, featuring local arts and community groups including Danceworks, First Stage, and Milwaukee Youth Symphony Orchestra, among others. Other activities include balloon artists, face painters, exhibitors, food trucks and more. Free parking will also be offered during Sunday Family Fun Days in designated lots.
A book donation box will also be installed at the Northwestern Mutual Community Park this year. Attendees are encouraged to bring a new or gently used children’s book and place it in the box throughout the operating season. All books collected will be donated to Next Door Foundation Books For Kids program.